Information and the number of increased positive cases changes daily. As of late this afternoon, Oakland has 1 positive case and Bergen County has almost 200 cases with 1 Corrections Officer at the Bergen County Jail testing positive. Please understand that the Borough cannot reveal a patient’s identity or other personal information due to privacy and HIPAA laws.
COVID-19 Testing to Start at Bergen County Community College (400 Paramus Road, Lots B and C, Paramus NJ):
- A drive through testing center at Bergen County Community College will be opening tomorrow March 20th in lots B and C. The hours are from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Pre-registration is not required
- I.D. for County Residence
- Must show symptoms to be tested. This includes:
- Fever of 99.6 or higher
- Respiratory symptoms or shortness of breath
- There are a limited number of tests and therefore healthcare workers have priority.
- What to expect:
- Long wait times
- Restrooms not available
- Drive through secured area. Please remain in vehicle.
- Bring water/whatever items you will need while waiting
- Media presence
- Testing includes nasal swab
- If you do not meet the symptoms criteria, you will be turned away
School Board Elections Rescheduled for May 12, 2020:
- In accordance with State of New Jersey Executive Order 105, School Board Elections have been postponed until May 12, 2020. Most importantly, please note that all voting shall occur by “Vote by Mail”. Every registered voter will receive a ballot with a return envelope.
Personal Care Businesses Ordered To Close:
- Also by action of the state, all personal care businesses such as hair salons, nail salons, barbers, and tattoo parlors must close at 8:00 p.m. tonight, March 19th, until further notice.
- If you see instances of price gouging, please contact the Bergen County Consumer Affairs Office at (201) 336-6400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The State of New Jersey has instituted a 24/7 Coronavirus Hotline. Just dial 2-1-1 for questions and information.
For more details and further information, please refer to the Borough Website (www.oakland-NJ.org) or the Borough’s Social Media Accounts.