REMINDER: Register for Mayor Schwager’s Reverse 9-1-1 Calls:
Changes to Police Operations:
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Police Department has made adjustments to its operations to ensure it is able to meet the needs of the public. Officers are continuing to respond to all calls for service; however, they may be doing it a bit differently.
Officers will be handling certain report requests and other matters via telephone; therefore, anyone who needs to file a report or has a pending issue that needs to be addressed, can call the department and the communication will be completed by phone.
The Oakland PD lobby is open for all emergencies; however, for non-emergencies, please call or use the intercom system outside of the front door.
Our community outreach programs have been suspended until further notice.
Officers are still responding to residences but may keep their distance from you and ask you to speak with them outside.
Emergencies: call- 9-1-1
Non-emergencies: call (201) 337-6171
Donations of Protective Equipment:
- New Jersey is in critical need of personal protection equipment (PPE) for the men and women working to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Anyone willing to donate equipment should please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please share this message far and wide. What we are seeking includes but is not limited to:
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Head covers
- Shoe covers
Compliance with Business Closures:
- There have been reports statewide of some non-retail businesses that are violating Governor Murphy’s Executive Order. Inquiries and complaints about businesses not complying with the current requirements should be directed to the state by calling 609-963-6817.”
Expansion of Essential Retail Businesses:
- Yesterday, Governor Phil Murphy issued Administrative Order No. 2020-6. The following businesses are added to the list of essential retail businesses in accordance with paragraph 6 of Executive Order No. 107:
- Mobile phone retail and repair shops.
- Bicycle shops, but only to provide service and repair.
- Livestock feed stores.
- Nurseries and garden centers.
- Farming equipment stores.
- The businesses listed above must operate in accordance with paragraphs 6 and 7 of Executive Order No. 107 regarding social distancing and all other applicable provisions of that Order.
Assistance for Affected Workers:
- Businesses around New Jersey are looking to hire employees.
- NJDOL is receiving an unprecedented volume of new claims due to the Covid-19 virus. NJDOL is working hard to serve all our customers during this unprecedented public health emergency. As legislation is enacted and implemented, the scope of the programs and their offerings may change. The sites below will be updated with the latest information so we encourage all to stay informed by continuing the check the sites provided.
- nj.gov/labor has the latest and most reliable information including: What programs are available for employers and employees? Who qualifies for these programs?
- nj.gov/labor is the place to go to find answers to Frequently Asked Questions and information about the Coronavirus and DOL programs.
- Customers should fine online and not by the phone, and the best time to file is off-peak hours (evening and early morning). All One-Stop locations statewide are currently closed due to the virus.
- Be sure you apply for the right program, as a mistake could set your application back weeks, and delay the much-needed income supplement.
- UI Benefits are not available for those who continue to be paid their full salary by their employer.
NJ Transit Expands Service:
- NJ TRANSIT remains committed to the safety of our customers and employees and is working to ensure a safe environment by following the health standards set by the CDC through the sanitation of our facilities and vehicles and the cleanliness practices amongst our employees. Additionally, NJ TRANSIT remains committed to providing reliable and dependable service. To that end, please see the announcement below, reflecting the latest service information. NJ TRANSIT is running special weekday service beginning Monday, March 23rd, 2020. For more NJT information please click here.