Coronavirus Positive Tests in Oakland:
Today the Borough of Oakland was notified by the Bergen County Health Department that there are a total of 206 individuals in Oakland who tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Bergen County has a total of 15,649 positive Coronavirus Cases, and the State of NJ has 118,652 positive cases.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call the 24-hour New Jersey Hotline at (800) 222-1222. You can also visit the State of NJ Coronavirus Website Here.
2nd Quarter Grace Period Extension:
The Borough of Oakland is holding a Special Virtual Council Meeting on Friday May 1, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. to consider taking action on extending the grace period for May 1st Property Taxes from May 10, 2020 to no later than June 1, 2020, in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 130. Visit the Borough Website for information on how to access the meeting.
Upcoming Board, Committee, Commission Meetings:
- Communications Commission (5/4 at 7:30 p.m.)
- Shade Tree Commission (5/4 at 7:30 p.m.)
For public access credentials, visit the Borough Website.
Yesterday, Governor Phil Murphy signed Executive Order 133, which mandates that all State Parks and Forests shall open to the public to engage in the following passive recreational activities in which social distancing can be readily achieved:
- Running or jogging
- Horseback riding
The following shall remain closed to the public at all State Parks and Forests:
- Picnic areas
- Exercise stations and equipment
- Chartered watercraft services and rentals
- Other buildings or facilities, including, but not limited to, visitor centers, interpretive centers, and interior historical sites.
The following recommendations and policies shall apply to all State Parks and Forests:
- Employees and visitors should wear cloth face coverings while in the State Park or Forest in all settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health or where the individual is under two years of age;
- Available parking must be limited at all State Parks and Forests at 50% of the maximum capacity at one time, and visitors shall be prohibited from parking in undesignated areas, including in roadways and other undesignated areas;
- No picnicking shall be allowed, including on picnic blankets in signed picnic areas, and no picnic blankets, chairs, coolers, and other such personal property shall be carried into any State Parks and Forests;
- Consistent with Paragraph 3 of Executive Order No. 107 (2020), visitors must practice social distancing and stay six feet apart whenever practicable, excluding immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners;
- No organized or contact activities or sports shall be allowed; and
- Consistent with Paragraph 5 of Executive Order No. 107 (2020), gatherings of individuals, including in parks, are prohibited.
For further information on County Parks and Golf Courses view Executive Order 133 Here.
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard has been updated to provide more information on scope of the virus and hospitalizations, including the number of patients hospitalized, discharged, in critical care, in intensive care, and on ventilators, along with data on statewide ventilator capacity, numbers of positive/negative tests, and more.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Testing Sites: There are currently 57 COVID-19 testing sites across the state, including State-sponsored and private facilities. To locate a testing location, specifics on how to get a test, and the hours of operation, click here.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.