Coronavirus Positive Tests in Oakland:
Today the Borough of Oakland was notified by the Bergen County Health Department that there are a total of 214 individuals in Oakland who tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Bergen County has a total of 17,137 positive Coronavirus Cases, and the State of NJ has 142,704 positive cases.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call the 24-hour New Jersey Hotline at (800) 222-1222. You can also visit the State of NJ Coronavirus Website Here.
Flood Insurance Relief Seminar:
The Borough of Oakland is hosting a Flood Insurance Relief Seminar this Friday at 12:00 p.m. on ZOOM. The presenters are Oakland Council President Lew Levy, Nicholas Agnoli from Agnoli Engineering, and Tom Little from Smart Vents. If you are interested in a FREE flood insurance evaluation of your home, please email Oakland@yourfloodrisk.com.
Governor Murphy Announces NJ Beaches Opening with Restrictions:
Effective May 22, 2020, Governor Murphy announced that all public and private beaches may open with the following restrictions:
- Capacity and admission limitations
- Six feet demarcations in certain areas
- Public outreach campaign on social distancing guidelines
- No special events
- Sanitation requirements
- Playgrounds, rides, arcades, games, water fountains, picnic areas, and water play equipment remain closed.
Testing in All Long-Term Care Facilities:
The State Health Commissioner has signed a directive requiring all long-term care facilities in the state to implement testing of staff and residents for the virus by May 26. Approximately 50% of all COVID-19 deaths in New Jersey have occurred in long-term care facilities, including nursing and veteran’s homes.
Federal Stimulus Payments for SSI Recipients:
The Social Security Administration has offered guidance on $1,200 stimulus payments for SSI recipients who do not file tax returns. Payments will be sent in the same form that regular SSI payments are sent. Those who receive Direct Deposit and Direct Express should receive their payment by today, May 13. Paper checks will begin to be sent on May 15.
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard has been updated to provide more information on scope of the virus and hospitalizations, including the number of patients hospitalized, discharged, in critical care, in intensive care, and on ventilators, along with data on statewide ventilator capacity, numbers of positive/negative tests, and more.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Testing Sites: There are currently 57 COVID-19 testing sites across the state, including State-sponsored and private facilities. To locate a testing location, specifics on how to get a test, and the hours of operation, click here.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.