Coronavirus Positive Tests in Oakland:
Today the Borough of Oakland was notified by the Bergen County Health Department that there are a total of 225 individuals in Oakland who tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Bergen County has a total of 18,252 positive Coronavirus Cases, and the State of NJ has 158,854 positive cases.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call the 24-hour New Jersey Hotline at (800) 222-1222. You can also visit the State of NJ Coronavirus Website Here.
Reminder: 2nd Quarter Tax Grace Period Due June 1, 2020:
The grace period for payment of 2nd quarter taxes ends on June 1st. To avoid penalties retroactive to May 1st, payment MUST be received by the Tax Department by 4:30pm on June 1st. USPS mail delivered on or before June 1st will be marked received on the date delivered, post marked does not indicate receipt. Any payments deposited in the drop box at Borough Hall will be collected at 4:30pm on the 1st and marked received as well.
Meeting Links and Passwords for upcoming Board, Committee, and Commission Meetings are posted here.
- Oakland Shade Tree Commission 6/1 at 7:00 p.m.
- Environmental Commission 6/2 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sustainable Oakland Green Team 6/4 at 7:30 p.m.
- Recreation Commission 6/8 at 8:00 p.m. (Special Meeting to discuss Spring and Summer Sports Programs)
- Board of Health 6/16 at 7:30 p.m.
Governor Murphy Announces Additional Re-Openings:
Governor Murphy has announced the following may re-open:
- Childcare Centers can open on June 15, 2020.
- Non-contact organized sports activities can resume on June 22, 2020.
- Youth day camps, including municipal summer camps, can resume on July 6, 2020.
Over the next couple of weeks the Borough will be reviewing the State’s re-opening requirements as they pertain to sport and camp activities and making plans for the summer. Watch for more information in the near future.
Governor Murphy Announces Indoor Limit Increase for Weekend of June 12:
Governor Murphy announced today he expects to be able to raise the limits on indoor gatherings in a way that will allow for greater indoor religious services for the weekend of June 12, 2020. Further guidance to follow.
Governor Murphy Signs Legislation Temporarily Extending Deadlines for Property Tax Appeals and Decisions:
Governor Phil Murphy today signed legislation (A4157), which temporarily extends the deadline to file a property tax appeal to July 1, 2020, and the deadline for county boards of taxation to render decisions in tax appeal cases to September 30, 2020. The bill takes effect immediately and applies retroactively to April 1, 2020.
Communications Commission Seeking Your Graduate Photo’s:
Graduation 2020 will be the most unique graduation in decades. The Communications Commission and the volunteers behind the new weekly series, This Week in Oakland, want to make it a special one for our Oakland graduating 5th graders, 8th graders, 12th graders, and college students. Parents are encuraged to email a photo of each of your graduates (in graduation or professional attire), their name (as it will appear on diploma), the grade they are graduating from, and the school which they are graduating from to [email protected] by June 20th. This slideshow will be included in an upcoming episode of This Week in Oakland airing in late June on Oakland TV and it will also be posted on the Borough’s YouTube channel.
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard has been updated to provide more information on scope of the virus and hospitalizations, including the number of patients hospitalized, discharged, in critical care, in intensive care, and on ventilators, along with data on statewide ventilator capacity, numbers of positive/negative tests, and more.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Testing Sites: There are currently 57 COVID-19 testing sites across the state, including State-sponsored and private facilities. To locate a testing location, specifics on how to get a test, and the hours of operation, click here.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.