Coronavirus Positive Tests in Oakland:
Today the Borough of Oakland was notified by the Bergen County Health Department that there are a total of more than 212 individuals in Oakland who tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Bergen County has a total of 16,282 positive Coronavirus Cases, and the State of NJ has 130,593 positive cases.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call the 24-hour New Jersey Hotline at (800) 222-1222. You can also visit the State of NJ Coronavirus Website Here.
Upcoming Board, Committee, Commission Meetings:
- Environmental Commission (5/5 at 7:30 p.m.)
For public access credentials, visit the Borough Website.
Virtual Story Time with Mayor Schwager:
Mayor Linda Schwager is hosting a Virtual Children’s Story Time on Wednesday May 6, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. To register, visit https://register.communitypass.net/reg/login.cfm?cuBOBfTV0p4trnasCJNBkrfRqBFQA8M1ugTdgJwcwqnC3YUEwtm0ub%2F%2FJA%3D%3D Upon registration, you will be sent the ZOOM link.
Electronics Collection Cancelled:
Town-wide electronics collection scheduled for May 6 and May 20 have been CANCELLED due to the Coronavirus and staffing issues on the part of the vendor. Thank you for your patience during this ongoing situation.
Metal Collection Cancelled:
Town-wide metal collection scheduled for May 7th has been CANCELLED due to the Coronavirus and staffing issues with the hauler. Thank you for your patience during this on-going situation.
Bergen County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Cancelled:
The Household Hazardous Waste Collection scheduled for May 9, 2020 in Mahwah has been CANCELLED. Also, until further notice, the BCUA has suspended its electronics collection program and composter sales at the Little Ferry and Moonachie locations. Should you have a question about local recycling, contact the DPW at (201) 337-8111, ext. 3002.
Schools Closed for Remainder of Year:
Yesterday Governor Phil Murphy announced that school is closed for in person instruction for the remainder of the school year. Virtual learning will continue. Summer educational programs offered at schools at to be determined. The Governor also announced no school spring sports for the remainder of the year.
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard has been updated to provide more information on scope of the virus and hospitalizations, including the number of patients hospitalized, discharged, in critical care, in intensive care, and on ventilators, along with data on statewide ventilator capacity, numbers of positive/negative tests, and more.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Testing Sites: There are currently 57 COVID-19 testing sites across the state, including State-sponsored and private facilities. To locate a testing location, specifics on how to get a test, and the hours of operation, click here.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.