Virtual Borough Council Meeting Tonight:
There will be a Virtual Council Meeting tonight, June 24, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. If you are a member of the public and wish to comment or provide public input, please click here to receive the ZOOM meeting link, otherwise the meeting will be broadcast live on Oakland TV Channel 77 and FiOS 45, and on the Borough’s YouTube Channel.
Revised Metal Collection:
Town-wide metal collection has been moved to July 9, 2020, due to the July 4th Holiday.
Outdoor and Indoor Gatherings:
- Outdoor gatherings may increase from 100 to 250 person’s maximum – still no limit for outdoor religious or political activities.
- Indoor gatherings are now limited to 25% of capacity – but cannot exceed 100 persons.
On Thursday July 2, 2020, the following can reopen:
- Outdoor water parks
- Outdoor Amusement Parks
- 25% capacity
- 25% capacity
- Indoor Recreational facilities - including bowling alleys, batting cages, shooting ranges, and arcades.
- 25% capacity
- Gyms and fitness centers will remain closed as well – although the State of NJ will allow for individualized training sessions by appointment.
Further guidance to be release soon by the State Department of Health.
Rental Assistance Program:
For complete details and information please visit: https://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dhcr/offices/cverap.html
Applicants may be eligible for a maximum of up to six months of emergency rental assistance. CVERAP Pre-applications will only be accepted online.
The Enrollment Period is Monday, July 6, 2020, at 9:00 am until Friday, July 10, 2020, at 5:00 pm.
All participants will be reviewed at the three-month interval to see if they are still in need of assistance. Persons applying must meet all applicable CVERAP income and eligibility requirements. You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to apply or be an emancipated minor. Only one (1) pre-application per household will be accepted. All participants will be selected through an online lottery process.
Anyone selected for the program must meet the following requirements:
- Have a gross, annual household income that is at or below the maximum income limits for the county where they are residing
- Be a New Jersey resident and rent a unit in New Jersey
- Rent must be current as of March 2020; this program will not assist with arrears
- Have a substantial reduction in income or are currently receiving unemployment due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Have a lack of assets and savings to pay rent
- Will pay a minimum of 30 percent of their income towards the rent
- Anyone currently receiving a subsidy from another rental assistance program or living in Public Housing is ineligible
For more information, dial 609-292-4080 or 551-249-2687. You can also visit: https://www.nj.gov/dca/vouchers.html, which includes information on the Maximum Income Limits and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for this Program.
Bergen County Ballot Drop Boxes Available:
Ballot Drop Boxes can be found outside in the following locations:
- Demarest - 118 Serpentine Road, Demarest, NJ (Borough Hall)
- Fort Lee - 1355 Inwood Terrace/Anderson Avenue Circular Driveway (Fort Lee Community Center)
- Hackensack - One Bergen County Plaza, Hackensack, NJ (County Administration Building)
- Ramsey - 30 Wyckoff Avenue (Library - in rear of building)
- Ridgewood - 131 North Maple Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ (Village Hall)
- Rutherford - 176 Park Avenue, Rutherford (Borough Hall)
Ballot Drop Boxes are available 24-hours. Ballots must be in the Drop Box by 8:00 p.m. on election night. Ballots left after 8:00 p.m. on election night will be considered late and not counted.
Upcoming Bergen County Mobile Testing Schedule:
Below is an updated schedule of Mobile COVID-19 Testing hosted by the County of Bergen. Arrive between 10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. for testing, and 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. for first responders. All mobile testing sites are weather permitting. You must bring identification and proof of Bergen county residence or proof of Bergen county municipal employment/county employment. Copy of driver’s license is required and/or utility bill. Please bring insurance card if applicable. This is a saliva based test, therefore, please do not eat/drink/smoke 30 minutes prior to arriving.
- Thursday 6/25 – Demarest, Closter, and Haworth (150 Knickerbocker Road – Demarest - Northern Valley Regional High School)
- Monday 6/29 – Old Tappan, Norwood, Northvale, Harrington Park, and Rockleigh (150 Central Avenue – Old Tappan – Northern Valley Regional High School at Old Tappan)
- Tuesday 6/30 – Fair Lawn (Location TBD)
- Wednesday 7/1 – Ramsey and Allendale (Location TBD)
- Thursday 7/2 – Rochelle Park (300 Rochelle Avenue – Midland School Parking Lot)
Meeting Links and Passwords for upcoming Board, Committee, and Commission Meetings are posted here.
- Borough Council Meeting 6/24 at 7:30 p.m.
- Recreation Commission 6/29 at 8:00 p.m.
Coronavirus Positive Tests in Oakland:
Today the Borough of Oakland was notified by the Bergen County Health Department that there are a total of 239 individuals in Oakland who tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Bergen County has a total of 19,082 positive Coronavirus Cases, and the State of NJ has 169,892 positive cases.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call the 24-hour New Jersey Hotline at (800) 222-1222. You can also visit the State of NJ Coronavirus Website Here.
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard has been updated to provide more information on scope of the virus and hospitalizations, including the number of patients hospitalized, discharged, in critical care, in intensive care, and on ventilators, along with data on statewide ventilator capacity, numbers of positive/negative tests, and more.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Testing Sites: To locate a testing location, specifics on how to get a test, and the hours of operation, click here.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.