If you have not received your Vote by Mail ballot, please contact the County Clerk’s office at 201-336-7020 or the Borough Clerk’s office at 201-337-8111 ext. 2001. The deadline for the County Clerk to mail the duplicate ballot is Saturday October 24th. However, voters can go in person to the County Clerk’s office, 1 Bergen County Plaza, Hackensack, NJ to pick up the ballot. They will be open Saturday October 24th from 9 am to 1 pm and Monday to Friday from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Update from Oakland Recreation on Indoor Sports:
Although the Governor has allowed the start of indoor sports, Oakland Recreation is dependent on the Oakland schools opening their gyms before they can begin the basketball program. At this time Recreation is still waiting to hear if and when the school will allow the programs to begin. The wrestling program has come up with an alternative plan that will allow for the program to begin. Information on wrestling will be coming out shortly.
The County of Bergen in partnership with Newbridge Medical Center is hosting a Mobile Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing site at the Franklin Lakes Community Center, 1 Vichiconti Way, Franklin Lakes, N.J. on Monday October 26, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. There will be priority processing for those with a Bergen County I.D. Card, and also for school employees that work in Bergen County. From 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Register for priority processing here.
- Identification (Driver’s License, social security card, passport, or birth certificate).
- Proof of Bergen County residence, school ID, or employment with a Bergen County Municipality.
- Insurance card, if applicable.
Flu shots are available also and are on a first come, first serve basis. Antibody testing is no longer offered, despite the flier.
All mobile COVID-19 testing sites are weather permitting. Please check the County website for more information at co.bergen.nj.us.
Oakland’s Annual Trick or Trunk:
The Borough of Oakland is hosting the Annual Halloween Trick or Trunk on Saturday October 31, 2020 by the Oakland Public Library, 2 Municipal Plaza, Oakland, NJ 07436. Trophies are awarded for best decorated cars and free pumpkins will be available. There is no rain date for this event, but pumpkins will be available regardless.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Halloween Parade, corn maze, and train ride will not take place this year.
Children participating in trick or trunk:
- Must wear a cloth face mask under their costume masks.
- A social distance of 6 feet must be maintained.
Governor Murphy has strict limitations on crowd size. As a result, the following schedule for children participating in the trick or trunk applies:
- Heights School: 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Dogwood School: 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Manito School: 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Siblings welcome at any time slot.
Participants in car decorating:
- Car staging starts at 8:45 a.m.
- Participants must wear cloth face masks and gloves.
- A social distance of 6 feet must be maintained.
- Participants must dispense individually wrapped candy.
- A minimum of 300 wrapped candies required.
For more information on your car entry, contact Joe Inglima at email@example.com.
Phase 3 Program Overview and Eligibility:
The New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) will award a total of $70 million in federal CARES Act funding to small businesses. Any business or nonprofit located in New Jersey, including home-based businesses, with 50 or fewer full-time equivalent employees (FTEs) is eligible to receive grant funding during Phase 3. Businesses that received funding in previous phases of the program are eligible to receive Phase 3 funding.
Mandatory Pre-Registration and Application Periods:
Pre-Registration closes at 5 p.m. on October 27, 2020. To be eligible for Phase 3 funding your business MUST pre-register.
Phase 3 of the Grant Program will likely be oversubscribed. To streamline the application process, the Authority is requiring all applicants to pre-register online. Applications will become available on a rolling basis following the pre-registration period.
Pre-registered applicants will need to return to complete an application based on the following schedule:
- Restaurants – 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, October 29, 2020
- Micro businesses – 9:00 a.m. on Friday, October 30, 2020
- All other businesses, excluding restaurants and micro businesses – 9:00 a.m. on Monday, November 2, 2020
Applications for each category will be open for a period of one week will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
To prepare for the pre-registration process, please review the Sample of the Pre-Registration Process.
Translated copies of the phase 3 pre-registration process and Frequently Asked Questions regarding the application are available in the following languages: Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, Gujarati, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, and Tagalog.
Because the live pre-registration will only be available in English and Spanish, please contact NJEDA at firstname.lastname@example.org should you require translation assistance.
Grant awards will be calculated based on the number of FTEs businesses employ:
- Eligible Micro-businesses with five or fewer FTEs and sole proprietorships will receive up to $5,000
- Eligible Businesses with six to 25 FTEs will receive up to $10,000
- Eligible Businesses with 26 to 50 FTEs will receive up to $15,000.
For businesses that are classified as “Food Services and Drinking Places” (NAICS code 722) ONLY:
- Eligible Businesses in this classification with five or fewer employees will receive up to $10,000
- Eligible Businesses with six to 25 FTEs will receive up to $15,000
- Eligible Businesses with 26 to 50 FTEs will receive up to $20,000
Please use the NJEDA Phase 3 Grant Eligibility Estimator and NJEDA Phase 3 Grant Size Estimator to understand your businesses’ eligibility.
For additional information on the Phase 3 application and eligibility, please review the Phase 3 FAQS.
Your organization may use Phase 3 grant funding to…
Reimburse revenue lost as a result of a business interruption caused by COVID-19. Businesses may not use the funding for capital expenses.
NJEDA is targeting Phase 3 grants to restaurants, micro-businesses, and businesses in census tracts that were eligible to be designated as Opportunity Zones. $35 million of funding will be dedicated to support businesses classified as “Food Services and Drinking Places” under NAICS code 722 and $15 million will be directed to support “micro-businesses” that have five or fewer FTEs. The remaining $20 million will be available to support any eligible business.
Coronavirus Positive Tests in Oakland:
The Borough of Oakland has been notified by the Bergen County Department of Health that there are currently 8 new positive cases of COVID-19 reported in Oakland, bringing our to-date total of 275 positive reported cases. There are 10 new positive cases in Franklin Lakes bringing their to-date total to 233 cases, and 12 new positive cases in Wyckoff bringing their to-date total to 432 cases. Bergen County reported 221 new positive cases bringing the County of Bergen total to 23,120. Today the Borough of Oakland was notified by the Bergen County Department of Health that there was 1,139 new positive COVID-19 cases reported today, bringing the state-wide New Jersey total to 225,430 cases.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call the 24-hour New Jersey Hotline at (800) 222-1222. You can also visit the State of NJ Coronavirus Website Here.
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard has been updated to provide more information on scope of the virus and hospitalizations, including the number of patients hospitalized, discharged, in critical care, in intensive care, and on ventilators, along with data on statewide ventilator capacity, numbers of positive/negative tests, and more.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Testing Sites: To locate a testing location, specifics on how to get a test, and the hours of operation, click here.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.