Coronavirus Positive Tests in Oakland:
Today the Borough of Oakland was notified by the Bergen County Health Department that there are a total of 149 individuals in Oakland who tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Bergen County Health Department is no longer providing towns with patient details such as gender and age so we are not able to provide that information to the community.
In addition, Oakland Cares Center will be providing the Borough with daily updates. As of 4/17/2020, there are 31 in-house patients who tested positive for the virus, 7 patients who recovered, 8 patients moved to hospitals, and 22 deaths.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call the 24-hour New Jersey Hotline at (800) 222-1222. You can also visit the State of NJ Coronavirus Website Here.
Voter Registration Deadline:
The deadline to register to vote for the school election is Tuesday April 21, 2020. The form can be submitted in the drop box at Borough Hall or can be postmarked by Tuesday. If you cannot download the form, you can contact us 201-337-8111 and we will make arrangements to get you a form. The County Superintendent of Elections office will be open until 9:00 pm on Tuesday for voter registration but you must call 201-336-6112 or 201-336-6101 and someone will meet you at the door to take the registration.
Support for NJ Veterans:
- NJ DMAVA has created a COVID-19 Information for Veterans website.
- NJ Veterans Benefits Hotline: 888-865-8387
- The website of the NJ State Veterans Chamber of Commerce.
- The impact COVID-19 has on daily routines may cause unanticipated stress on some veterans in crisis. In this time of social distancing, it is important to keep reaching out to those in need of someone to talk to:
- Coronavirus FAQ from U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- How does the federal CARES ACT help veterans?
Mental Health Resources:
The State offers support for those who are feeling additional stress due to isolation, unemployment, anxiety, and a mix of other factors caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Department of Human Services offers a NJ Mental Care hotline at 866-202-HELP. Specialists are available from 8 am to 8 pm 7 days a week.
- ACCESS of St Joseph’s in Paterson offers a helpline for individuals who are hard of hearing at 973-870-0677. Specialists are available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The state’s substance abuse hotline is 844-REACH-NJ.
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard has been updated to provide more information on scope of the virus and hospitalizations, including the number of patients hospitalized, discharged, in critical care, in intensive care, and on ventilators, along with data on statewide ventilator capacity, numbers of positive/negative tests, and more.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Testing Sites: There are currently 57 COVID-19 testing sites across the state, including State-sponsored and private facilities. To locate a testing location, specifics on how to get a test, and the hours of operation, click here.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.