Coronavirus Positive Tests in Oakland:
Today the Borough of Oakland was notified by the Bergen County Health Department that there are a total of 170 individuals in Oakland who tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and unfortunately 28 deaths. Bergen County has a total of 13,100 positive Coronavirus Cases, and the State of NJ has 92,387 positive cases.
The Bergen County Health Department is no longer providing towns with patient details such as gender and age so we are not able to provide that information to the community.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call the 24-hour New Jersey Hotline at (800) 222-1222. You can also visit the State of NJ Coronavirus Website Here.
Yard Waste Collection:
Yard waste is collected every Monday or Tuesday depending on your side of town. If Monday is your garbage collection, Tuesday is your yard waste pickup. If Friday is your garbage collection, Monday is your yard waste pickup. Caused by staffing issues due to the Coronavirus, our hauler has advised us that there will be delays in picking up yard waste throughout the week. If your yard waste is out at the curb, you may leave it there, and it will be picked up during the week when the hauler arrives.
Virtual Borough Council Meeting 4/22/2020:
The Borough of Oakland is holding a Virtual Council Meeting on Wednesday April 22, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. See below on how to access the meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting:
- Meeting ID: 861 5376 9168
Dial by your location
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
- +1 253 215 8782 US
- +1 301 715 8592 US
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 861 5376 9168
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kmLINrBZR
Virtual Story Time with Mayor Schwager:
The Oakland Public Library is hosting “Children’s Story Time with Mayor Schwager” on Wednesday April 22, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. See instructions below on how to tune in.
Join Zoom Meeting:
- Meeting ID: 844 3443 3435
Dial by your location:
- +1 929 205 6099 US
- +1 253 215 8782 US
Meeting ID: 844 3443 3435
“This Week in Oakland” Now Airing on Channel 77 and FiOS 45:
The Communications Commission and the Oakland Television Committee have spent their extra time for a good use and is excited to air a new program on Oakland TV called “This Week in Oakland” – a helpful, informative, and interesting program made in Oakland, by and for Oaklanders. Segments over the next few weeks will span from art, to cooking, to nature, to pet care, and many other things in between! The premiere episode is exclusively now available on Oakland TV Channel 77 and FiOS 45 daily at 6:30 p.m., 12 midnight, and 9:00 a.m., and on the Borough’s YouTube Page in the coming days.
Submit your photo’s to us:
On an upcoming episode of the new Oakland TV program, “This Week in Oakland”, the TV Committee wants to see your photos of how you and your family are showing support for our first responders, healthcare heroes, and our essential workers during this time. Send us a photo of your in-window rainbows, chalked up driveways, supportive lawn signs, lit candles in the window, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the name of your family. Your photo and family name just may be featured in a slideshow on a future episode!
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard has been updated to provide more information on scope of the virus and hospitalizations, including the number of patients hospitalized, discharged, in critical care, in intensive care, and on ventilators, along with data on statewide ventilator capacity, numbers of positive/negative tests, and more.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Testing Sites: There are currently 57 COVID-19 testing sites across the state, including State-sponsored and private facilities. To locate a testing location, specifics on how to get a test, and the hours of operation, click here.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.