Coronavirus Positive Tests in Oakland:
Today the Borough of Oakland was notified by the Bergen County Health Department that there are a total of 228 individuals in Oakland who tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Bergen County has a total of 17,578 positive Coronavirus Cases, and the State of NJ has 152,719 positive cases.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call the 24-hour New Jersey Hotline at (800) 222-1222. You can also visit the State of NJ Coronavirus Website Here.
Oakland Tennis Courts to Re-Open Saturday May 23, 2020:
The Oakland Tennis Courts will re-open this weekend, for single matches only, no team tennis/groups, as that is not allowed due to the Governor’s Executive Order. Everyone must have a badge, if you have not purchased a badge yet, you may do so by printing out the tennis badge application form on the Borough Website, mail it in with a check written out to the Borough of Oakland and a self-addressed stamped envelope, and the Borough will mail you a badge or you may drop off the form, check and envelope in the drop box in the front of Borough Hall.
Borough Offices Closed Monday May 25, 2020:
All Borough Offices (Except for Emergency Services) are closed on Monday May 25, 2020 in observance of Memorial Day. Borough Offices will re-open on Tuesday May 26, 2020.
Governor Murphy Announces Executive Order Expanding Limit on Outdoor Gatherings:
Today, Governor Murphy announced he is signing an Executive Order lifting the limit on outdoor gatherings from 10 to 25 individuals.
- Recreational Campgrounds – both public and private – are allowed to re-open, effective immediately.
- Social Distancing must be adhered to.
- Indoor gatherings remain limited to 10 individuals.
Capacity will also be raised to 25 individuals for:
- Charter and fishing boats
- Outdoor batting cages
- Driving Ranges
- Other outdoor recreational businesses
The NJEDA has announced that Phase 2 of the Small Business COVID-19 Grant Program is now accepting applications. Grants are available up to $10,000 for businesses impacted by COVID-19. Expanded eligibility includes:
- Home based businesses
- Sole Proprietorships
- Businesses with up to 25 employees
- Dedicated funding for businesses in opportunity zone eligible census tracts.
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard has been updated to provide more information on scope of the virus and hospitalizations, including the number of patients hospitalized, discharged, in critical care, in intensive care, and on ventilators, along with data on statewide ventilator capacity, numbers of positive/negative tests, and more.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Testing Sites: There are currently 57 COVID-19 testing sites across the state, including State-sponsored and private facilities. To locate a testing location, specifics on how to get a test, and the hours of operation, click here.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.