Coronavirus Positive Tests in Oakland:
Today the Borough of Oakland was notified by the Bergen County Health Department that there are a total of 211 individuals in Oakland who tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Bergen County has a total of 16,344 positive Coronavirus Cases, and the State of NJ has 128,269 positive cases.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call the 24-hour New Jersey Hotline at (800) 222-1222. You can also visit the State of NJ Coronavirus Website Here.
Upcoming Board, Committee, Commission Meetings:
- Communications Commission (5/4 at 7:30 p.m.)
- Shade Tree Commission (5/4 at 7:00 p.m.)
- Environmental Commission (5/5 at 7:30 p.m.)
For public access credentials, visit the Borough Website.
Virtual Story Time with Mayor Schwager:
Mayor Linda Schwager is hosting a Virtual Children’s Story Time on Wednesday May 6, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. To register, visit www.register.capturepoint.com/OaklandBorough.
Virtual Cardio and Balance Class:
The Borough of Oakland is holding a Virtual Cardio and Balance Class on Tuesday May 5, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. To register, visit www.register.capturepoint.com/OaklandBorough.
COVID—19 Testing Now Available for Asymptomatic Individuals:
Bergen County Community College Testing Site:
- 400 Paramus Road, Paramus Campus – Lots B & C, Paramus, NJ 07652
- Community-Based Testing Sites are for current New Jersey residents and members of New Jersey law enforcement agencies.
- In order to be eligible for testing, individuals must be current New Jersey residents.
- Effective Sunday, May 3, 2020, exhibiting symptoms is no longer a prerequisite for testing.
- However, the highest priority for testing will be given to health care workers and workers in congregate living settings, and symptomatic first responders, as well as to asymptomatic NJ residents who have been in close contact with someone else who has tested positive.
- This site is open on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Each day the site is open, staff will be able to test 500 people starting at 8 a.m.
- This is a drive-thru testing site at Lot C of main campus.
Bergen New Bridge Medical Center Testing Site:
- 230 East Ridgewood Avenue, Paramus, NJ 07652
- This site is open to Bergen County residents who are symptomatic; this site will continue to serve first responders and healthcare professionals who live or work in Bergen County as well.
- Symptomatic Bergen County residents, first responders or healthcare professionals must provide photo identification proving their residency and/or professionals to provide qualifying photo id.
- OPTION 1. Residents must first be screened by completing a brief survey located at https://www.newbridgehealth.org and evaluated by a Telehealth doctor. Patients will then be given a confirmation code number to present at the drive-thru testing site that corresponds with their appointment.
- OPTION 2. Patients with orders (prescription) from their private physicians have expedited scheduling. Log into portal: https://www.newbridgehealth.org/
- Follow link to COVID screening and follow prompts to upload a doctor's order (prescription) into the system. More information is available at: https://www.newbridgehealth.org and at https://co.bergen.nj.us/
Anyone who missed their opportunity to certify for weekly benefits on Saturday may do so this week per the schedule based on your SSN. You may certify for 2 weeks by using the “claim additional week” button found on the certification confirmation page.
Governor Murphy signed Executive Order 135, which allows for municipalities to conduct marriage applications virtually or in person with social distancing guidelines. To view the Borough of Oakland’s current procedure, click here.
Under Executive Order 135, minors seeking to certify their working papers with a school designated official will be permitted to do so through video conference. Individual school districts will craft procedures that satisfy the statutory requirements without requiring in-person contact.
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard has been updated to provide more information on scope of the virus and hospitalizations, including the number of patients hospitalized, discharged, in critical care, in intensive care, and on ventilators, along with data on statewide ventilator capacity, numbers of positive/negative tests, and more.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Testing Sites: There are currently 57 COVID-19 testing sites across the state, including State-sponsored and private facilities. To locate a testing location, specifics on how to get a test, and the hours of operation, click here.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.