Oakland Public Library Now Offering Curbside Pickup Starting June 15:
Oakland Public Library is thrilled to announce that we will begin curbside pickup of library materials on Monday, June 15. Call 201-337-3742 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request items to be checked out to you and made available for pickup outside the library at your convenience. Not sure what you want? Let our staff know what you are interested in and we will pull together some items we think will work for you. Have small children at home? Let us know their ages and we are happy to fill up a few bags of books or other items to keep them engaged. This service is for Oakland residents borrowing items available at Oakland Public Library. We will gladly consider adding items if there is enough interest, so please feel free to request whatever you are interested in.
Voter Registration Deadline Tuesday June 16, 2020:
The voter registration application is available here or by calling the Borough Clerk’s office for assistance. Applications can be dropped at the mail slot at Borough Hall no later than Tuesday at 9 pm. The Borough Clerk’s office will be open for assistance 201-337-8111 ext. 2001.
What is Reopening and When?
Having trouble keeping track of what’s reopening and when? Click here for an updated list.
- Governor Phil Murphy has signed two executive orders 1) raising limits on outdoor and indoor gatherings and 2) opening pools effective June 22 and additional outdoor recreational businesses effective immediately.
- Stay-at-Home Order: The section of Executive Order No. 107, which requires New Jersey residents to remain home with limited exceptions, is formally rescinded. The other provisions of that order, including the requirement that businesses or non-profits accommodate their workforce for telework or work-from-home arrangements, wherever practicable, are still in effect.
- Indoor Gatherings: Effective immediately, indoor gatherings are limited to 25 percent of the capacity of the room, but regardless of the room’s capacity, such limit shall never be less than 10 or more than 50 people. All attendees at the gathering must wear face coverings, unless for a medical reason or if the individual is under 2 years old, individuals must remain six feet apart at all times, and physical items may not be shared by multiple attendees of the same gathering unless sanitized before and after uses.
- Outdoor Gatherings: Outdoor gatherings are limited to 100 people, and attendees are required to be six feet apart. Individuals should wear face coverings at all times where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, and individuals who are in vehicles shall not count towards the gathering limit. Limits on outdoor gatherings are expected to increase to 250 people on June 22nd, and 500 people on July 3rd (which will impact outdoor graduations that may begin on July 6th).
- Protests/Religious Services: An exception will explicitly allow outdoor gatherings of more than 100 persons for first amendment protected outdoor activities, such as political protests of any persuasion or outdoor religious services.
- Parks and Forests: Available parking at State Parks and Forests, and at county and municipal parks, may reopen to their full maximum capacity.
- Outdoor Pools: Outdoor swimming pools can open at 6:00 a.m. on Monday, June 22nd, provided that they comply with standards and policies that will be issued by the Department of Health. Pool facilities may open for the purpose of lifeguard training and lifeguard swimming lessons prior to June 22.
- Outdoor Recreation & Entertainment Businesses: Outdoor recreational and entertainment businesses are permitted to reopen immediately, with the exception of amusement parks, water parks, and arcades. These recreational and entertainment businesses are required to abide by a number of social distancing protocols that are specified in the order. Any type of event at an outdoor recreational or entertainment business that involves individuals there at a specific time for a common reason, such as a movie or concert, are subject to the restrictions on outdoor gatherings.
- Public/Private Social Clubs: Public and private social clubs are permitted to reopen their outdoor spaces, provided they comply with all applicable terms of the order. And nothing in the order prevents a business from operating an amusement game outdoors, such as a game on a boardwalk, so long as the game does not take place in an amusement park and an employee is present and adheres to all of the requirements the order, including sanitizing all equipment before and after each use.
Meeting Links and Passwords for upcoming Board, Committee, and Commission Meetings are posted here.
- Board of Health 6/16 at 7:30 p.m.
- Environmental Commission 6/16 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sustainable Oakland Green Team 6/23 at 7:30 p.m.
Coronavirus Positive Tests in Oakland:
Today the Borough of Oakland was notified by the Bergen County Health Department that there are a total of 229 individuals in Oakland who tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Bergen County has a total of 18,739 positive Coronavirus Cases, and the State of NJ has 166,164 positive cases.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call the 24-hour New Jersey Hotline at (800) 222-1222. You can also visit the State of NJ Coronavirus Website Here.
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard has been updated to provide more information on scope of the virus and hospitalizations, including the number of patients hospitalized, discharged, in critical care, in intensive care, and on ventilators, along with data on statewide ventilator capacity, numbers of positive/negative tests, and more.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Testing Sites: There are currently 57 COVID-19 testing sites across the state, including State-sponsored and private facilities. To locate a testing location, specifics on how to get a test, and the hours of operation, click here.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.